Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 3 of Cape Pathways Walk

Okay, I skipped Day 2. There were severe thunderstorms predicted and I admit it, I wimped out. Taking 9 days off from work meant I had plenty of work to do but by about 2 yesterday afternoon I was feeling pretty dumb. Of course it never rained or thundered on the Cape all day...Today we walked from West Barnstable to Yarmouth. We saw wild cow parsnip that is from the wild carrot family so if you think it resembles Queen Anne's lace you are right. This plant blooms earlier and is much taller, however.
We stopped to take a scenic overview of Hyannis and Nantucket Sound, neither of which show up well in the above photo....
We walked around the Jenkins Cranberry Bogs in West Barnstable...
And had some wonderful views of area ponds...
Tomorrow we walk from Yarmouth to Brewster.

No comments:

Post a Comment