Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sunny but cold and windy....

We have been so spoiled by warm weather this winter that a windy cold day like today on the beach is almost a shock. Yesterday was much windier but today was.....brrrrrrrrrr! It was so bright and sunny though that I decided to just head down Cape to see what I could see...

First stop was First Encounter Beach in Eastham. Can we say frigid with a brisk wind blowing off the bay? It sure was pretty though...
Even the dunes and wind blown cedars were pretty....
and I'm a sucker for a pathway that leads to the sea....
then off to Coast Guard Beach...where it was also just plain cold...
There weren't too many long distance beach walkers but there were a few...

The sun was so bright it almost hurt my eyes....
It was low tide in the marsh....
On the way back home I stopped at Corporation Beach in Dennis where the gulls were all hanging out on the sand....

A few came by to see me, hoping I had food I think. The minute I opened the car door about a hundred gulls were on the wing and on the way to see me up close and personal.
This one looked at me from one side and then turned to look at me from the other side...
It was a cold morning, but a beautiful one and well worth venturing out for....

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this chilly walk! It was nice to see the cape again.... way too long since we've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. wish i had been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!

    Visit Web
    Wpc.hotlog.ru
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete