Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pussy Willow Time

I can't think of any other plant that is as iconic and indicative of spring than...
the pussy willow. Can you? At least in New England they are one of the earliest trees to put forth their buds.
All willows have furry catkins and in different areas different willows may be referred to as the ubiquitous pussy willow. In our area the honor usually goes to Salix discolor or the American Pussy Willow.

Have you seen pussy willows yet? Look around damp areas like swamps or ponds. These pussy willows were photographed in East Sandwich here on Cape Cod.

1 comment:

  1. Heya i’m for the primary time here. I came across this board and I in finding It truly useful & it helped me out much. I’m hoping to provide something again and help others such as you aided me.

    Thefarmex.com
    Havaleeds.org.uk
    Sunseteyewear.co.id
    Younglogistics.no

    ReplyDelete