Monday, November 2, 2009

Animals of Halloween in Cape Cod Classrooms

I made big puppets for my Animals of Halloween presentations and you can see two of them in these pictures. The top one is my anatomically correct spider. Using puppets helps little kids past the fear factor but also allows me to use something large enough to point out certain aspects of the animal. I also use pictures and in my classroom activities have lots of hands on elements.Here I am with the owl I made. You'll have to excuse my goofy faces.....This presentation was at the Woods Hole Library and after it was over I let the kids come up and play with the puppets.

This program was a lot of fun to do and many schools and libraries took advantage of the fact that it was free. I worked with hundreds of kids and was in and out of dozens of schools. You can learn more about my classroom programs here.


No comments:

Post a Comment