Thursday, July 21, 2011

And more beautiful butterflies....

since it really is such a perfect week for them....many do not stay still long enough for me to photograph them so later I will add some of my sketches and watercolors to show you other common butterflies in the area but here are some more seen here on the Cape in the last week or so....
I believe this one is one of our more common skippers--note the way it holds its wings, which is one of the indicators that it belongs in the skipper family of butterflies. If my identification is correct this is a silver spotted skipper. I have sent the photo to one of my more expert naturalist friends so I will correct this if necessary...
This one is a checkerspot--easy to remember ;-)
and everyone should be familiar with this one--the eastern tiger swallowtail.

Such a beautiful time of year!

2 comments:

  1. This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Gretuff, just great!

    Hire.careerbliss.com
    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most individuals will go along with with your website.

    Blogfreely.net
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete