Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bird-a-thon 2011

It will soon be time for the annual Massachusetts Audubon Bird-a-thon and this year I am a member of the Long Pasture Sanctuary's Catbird Team. I'm pretty psyched! I'm also committed to raising $500 to support Mass Audubon programs and research and hope you will help me reach my goal.


What is a bird-a-thon? It is a fun day, 24 hours straight of non-stop birding by teams to see who can find the most species of birds in that time. It brings out the experts and the amateurs and over the years different teams have created different strategies to stake out where the best birds are in their territory. It's competitive and fun but it also is a way of learning what birds are out there and how many as lists of numbers are kept as well. It is a one day snapshot of birds throughout Massachusetts.

I hope you will consider helping me raise some money and that you will share this information as well! I have put a link in the sidebar or you can click to my First Giving bird-a-thon fundraising page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment