Saturday, May 21, 2011

Watercress

Did you know you can find watercress here on the Cape? Yes, it is the edible, well known watercress and no, I am not going to tell you exactly where to find it since the supply is limited and the ducks and other animals like it too....
but I will show you what it looks like....happy gathering!
and this will give you a clue as to what sort of place to look for...
The big plants are skunk cabbage and no, you don't want to eat that stinky stuff....

Do you gather wild watercress or other wild edibles?

3 comments:

  1. I too know a secret place on the upper cape in Pocasset where watercress grows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following one link to another and then again another...and here I am. It's so nice to find you Mary. I'm a fan of yours from High School art class. I look forward to reading and seeing all that I can. I've been a turtle...sticking my head out is great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, suki, I think we are on the same wavelength ;-)

    and hello, Elaine

    ReplyDelete